Saturday, January 27, 2007

Power of Reflected Light

I just took the dogs out. It's a clear, clear night, unusual for us in January. Moon is about 2/3 of the way to full.

I noticed the moonlight is bright enough that the power line to the house is throwing a shadow tonight. Moonlight is reflected sunlight. If the moonlight is that powerful, what kind of metaphor could that be for me? Even if I'm still fearful of letting my own light shine, maybe I can let a little reflected light from the rest of the universe shine through or past or off of me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stopped by to say hello. I think you make a good point here. Even when we don't know where our place is (in the world), we still have a place. An important place. We just don't see it sometimes.

Guess what? I have a new job I start tomorrow. Monday was my last day at the old new job! Yah.

How is your job search coming? I know how hard it is to not have a job. Hope you find what you need soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

How are you doing? I'm worried because I haven't seen you post for awhile. Hope you are ok.