Friday, November 09, 2007

Absurdity

Words coming out of my mouth this morning:

"See? This shows how much I love you. If I had human children I would not feed them green tripe, no matter how much they begged for it!"

If you are not familiar with green tripe, it's tripe that is only cleaned to the extent of removing the big globs of semi-digested food left when the animal hosting the the tripe is killed. It's really good for the dogs, being loaded with enzymes and such, but it smells awful. Usually I try to buy it in single-serving containers which never come back into the house once emptied on the grass for canine gustatory delight but instead go directly to the garbage can. I also try to feed it half-frozen to reduce odor.

The dogs are happy, but there will be no doggy kisses accepted for hours!

No comments: