kabbage has come up with some better replies since then (plenty of time to think in the shower!):
- do you ever wonder about people who make snap judgments about other people's behavior and feel free to share those judgments with the people?
- do you have cats? do you allow them out of the house unsupervised? pot, kettle, black.
- do you know the people who live in this house? do you think they'd have a problem with these dogs being in their yard? (this one had the most potential for interesting dialogue going further, if woman answered in the affirmative)
- bursting into song from Jesus Christ Superstar (where Judas is dissing Mary Magdalene and JC comes down hard on him for being judgmental)
- saying numerous unprintable words loudly and rapidly
questions for the viewer:
- what situations would lead you to pull your car over and comment on someone else's behavior?
- was the woman's behavior appropriate? why or why not?
- is kabbage over-reacting? why or why not?
- what would you have said to the woman if you were in kabbage's shoes? would you have smacked the woman's car with your used bag in the hopes of premature bag failure? why or why not?
- would you have apologized after kabbage told you it was her fine* house? why or why not?
- do you become apoplectic if someone's dog unloads in your yard but the owner immediately picks up after it? why or why not?
*fine is the "polite" 4-letter f-word.