Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Another Reason

Trader Joe's enlarged their place in my heart tonight. I dropped by tonight to pick up some stuff, including the Candy Cane Joe-Joe's cookies someone mentioned in another blog (I thought it was Mrs. G. of Derfwad Manor, so I was going to provide a link but I can't find the entry although I can apparently run this sentence on into the ground with stream of consciousness-type typing. Breathe!). I managed to space out and leave a bag of paid-for, mostly cold or frozen foods groceries there. Off I go to home where I dial my friend Sr while unloading the groceries. As Sr answers the phone, I realize I've left the bag at TJ's, but I can't hang up or disengage immediately because I feel guilty about not calling Sr sooner after she had an MRI last Thursday. So I have to hear about the MRI results (don't show any reason for the symptoms, but the symptoms have abated for now anyway although they could stay away, return, or return with a vengeance. It could rain or not rain any day of the week, too) and talk about a few other things before breaking free.

I zip back to TJ's and find the checkout people who helped me. They instantly recognize me and call the back-of-store folks to bring my bag up to me. The bag carrier checks on some of the frozen stuff (without prompting) and says it must be replaced with hard-frozen versions. Good customer service. kabbage likes that. It makes her happy.

(oh, and the candy cane Joe-Joe's are pretty good, too. I still like the Girl Scout Thin Mints the best, but these are good and have NO trans-fats and NO high-fructose corn syrup [not sure about the thin mints on either of those things])


Updated to say I found the original mention of the delightful Candy Cane Joe-Joe's at http://outtamymindwithworry.blogspot.com/2007/11/ho-ho-ho-its-joe-joes-time.html

No comments: